Monday, May 18, 2015

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Have Read Unless They Were Recommended

It's time again for The Broke and The Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday.


This week we got to pick our own topic, and I decided on books I would have never read if someone didn't recommend them to me. These ten books I ended up loving!


1. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon



 2. 1776 by David McCullough


 3. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson


4. The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson


5. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


6. Stiff by Mary Roach


7. Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett


 8. Batman Year One by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli


 9. Bel Canto by Ann Pratchett


10. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella


7 comments:

  1. I don't think I would've picked up Bel Canto sooner if it wasn't for the fact that many people on my GR list/GR in general were saying lovely thinks about it...Great topic for this week!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bel Canto was a book my book club read and I honestly wasn't interested at all.

      Delete
  2. Love Percy Jackson! I am forever grateful to the friend who recommended them to me (and lent me all of the PJO books).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/top-ten-tuesdays-5/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up reading the entire Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus. Such good books!

      Delete
  3. Great topic! I can think of tons of books that I wouldn't have read unless someone recommended them. CINDER, for example. I held off reading it for so long and I loved it as well as all the sequels. You just never know, do you?

    I've read two off your list -- PERCY JACKSON and THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY. Enjoyed both. You have a bunch of others listed that I've heard good things about, just haven't picked them up yet.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed Percy Jackson and The Devil in the White City. They really were great books.

      Delete
  4. Wow what a great mix of books :) I absolutely love the Wee Free Men (and sequels)! I've heard great things about both A Walk in the Woods and Stiff so maybe I should give those a try? Great list x

    ReplyDelete