Monday, November 17, 2014

Top Five Sequels I Have Yet to Start and Top Five Series I Have Considered Reading

Guess what time it is?  It's Top Ten Tuesday Time, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week's theme is:  Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait To Get

I struggled with this one. I mostly read stand alone books and have finished most of the series I have been working on.  So I had to dig through my Goodreads list to find some that I haven't read the sequel yet. Even then, I only came up with five. So, I am changing this a bit to two different list. I hope you enjoy!

Top Ten Five Sequels I Have Yet to Start:
1. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe: Sequel to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: I read the first book years ago and LOVED it. I am not sure why I haven't read the second yet.  But I will someday!

2. Anne of Avonlea: Sequel to Anne of Green Gables: I read this first book recently and will continue the series soon.

3. Prince Caspian: Sequel to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe: I also read this one quite awhile ago and keep forgetting that I wanted to continue the series.


4. Mr. Kiss and Tell: Sequel to The Thousand Dollar Tan Line: Ok, this one isn't out yet and I am actually excited for this one.  I love Veronica Mars!

 5. Game: Sequel to I Hunt Killers: I did enjoy the first book, but my library isn't currently carrying the sequels and I just am not sure I liked it enough to own it.  I don't know, maybe someday I'll buy it.


Top Ten Five Series I Have Considered Starting But Haven't Yet:

1. The Lord of The Rings: I think I might read this someday, but since I am not a huge fantasy fan and Tolkien likes a lot more details than I do, I am reluctant.


2. His Dark Material: This was recently recommended to me by my brother-in-law.  We shall see.


3. The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo: I hear this is excellent, but I have a hard time reading anything with sexual violence.  I have heard there are some graphic scenes in this book that deal with sexual violence and I am not sure I could handle it.


4. The Hunger Games: Yep, I haven't read this series at all. I am not a huge fan of dystopian, but I have considered it. 

5. Hush, Hush:  I am not a fan of paranormal of romance, especially together, but that is a pretty cool cover.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a huge fan of dystopian as a genre either, but I absolutely LOVED the Hunger Games series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! I might consider reading more now knowing that someone you doesn't love dystopian liked it so much!

      Delete