Sunday, November 30, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Forget Me Not


It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question:
If you could forget one book to experience it all over again, which one would it be?

Wouldn't this be an absolute dream?  I would love to go back in time and re-experience several books for the first time again.  You can always re-read books, but nothing compares to that first time when you read it with fresh eyes.  That was the time when you read with anticipation, unable to put it down because you couldn't wait to find out where it was going. Man, I would love to get that moment back with a few books.

I decided my top book though would be: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee


I read this for the first time when I was 14 years old and once I started it, I never put it down. 

As a kid, I always wanted a Boo Radley type neighbor. I know that might sound weird, but as a kid, it sounded so cool. And then I read this book that described the amazing experience that those two kids got. They had this mysterious neighbor, who was clearly horribly misunderstood, but who secretly watched out for them. He was connected to them without ever actually being connected. It was such an amazing story and I loved it!

What about you? What book would you like to read again, for the first time?






2 comments:

  1. It's the same book for me :-)
    For me there was a real sense of "this is what they mean when they talk about literature."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I think that was the first book I read that wasn't a kid's book. It was so powerful, and I was just like "Whoa!".

      Delete