Sunday, September 21, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Book Chats


It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question: Who is your favorite person to talk to about books? 


This is an easy one for me:  My Dad. 


Amazingly the only picture I could find of us was the day I moved out
My dad and I both listen to books on CD while working, so we both go through books rather quickly. We have pretty similar taste in books too and tend to follow each others' recommendations. He may not like some of my favorites and vice versa, but we always have lively conversation about the books, which I love. 

When I was first in college, I took an English class and we read Walden by Henry David Thoreau.  It was the first time I remember a teacher actually wanting us to write papers, in depth, on whether or not we agreed with the author. Not only was I the only one in the class who disagreed with Thoreau, but one of the few she said she had ever encountered.  When I realized my father also disagreed with Thoreau, I realized that he probably had the greatest influence on my literary taste. 

So what about you?  Do you have a preferred book chatting buddy? 




2 comments:

  1. That's cool that you and your dad connected over books. It's the same with me and my mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, Page! Parents tend to be the ones who get us into reading, so it's fun when you can talk to them about what you read. I talk to my mom a lot too, and she is quite a big reader too

      Delete