Monday, July 28, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Angry Reads

It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question:
Is there any books that made you angry? If yes, why?

The answer to this, plain and simple, is yes!  I have read several books that made me angry.  Often times, I get annoyed and just quit reading, but here is one case where I kept reading, HOPING it would get better.

Sex on the Moon by Ben Mezrich


This is a "non-fiction" book about the man who stole moon rocks from NASA.  It looked so fascinating!  I love true crime books and this is a very unique crime. Sadly, I think the book was less "non-fiction" and more of the author repeating a self-obsessed, lying criminal.

Keeping it simple: This guy claims he stole the moon rocks because they were referred to as "garbage" and for his girlfriend, whom he loved. But there were major errors to the sory, namely that he didn't steal the "garbage" rocks, but from someone who was using them for research purposes, he met his girlfriend MONTHS after he started the process to steal the rocks, he was seeking out buyers to make lots of money, AND HE WAS MARRIED!  Check out my whole review here.

What about you?  Have any books left you steamed?





No comments:

Post a Comment