Monday, June 2, 2014

Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag or Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer

It's time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

This week's theme: Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag

I must admit, it has been years since I read a book on the beach. When I lived in Portland, OR, I would head to the beach a few times a year.  But now I am land locked.  So this list is of books I think would be fun to read on the beach. 

1. Shadow of the Wind


2. Silver Linings Playbook


3. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn


4. Sideways Stories for Wayside School


5. Batman: Year One


6. Tuesdays with Morrie


7. A Visit from the Goon Squad


8. The Fault in Our Stars


9. I've Got Your Number


10. Calico Joe



8 comments:

  1. Great list! The Shadow of the Wind would definitely make for a great summer/beach read :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that book. I really want to reread it soon!

      Delete
  2. Wouldn't recommend TFIOS as a beach read, unless you enjoy crying in public ;) Great book though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not much of a crier. I didn't shed a tear, so for me it would work out just fine. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice summer list. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Fault in our Stars.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie is coming soon and I think people should read the book first.

      Delete
  4. Not to brag or anything, but the beach is about a ten-minute walk from my apartment! Sophie Kinsella is definitely on my beach reads list.

    ReplyDelete