Monday, May 19, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Deal Breakers


It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question: What are your biggest book turnoffs or deal breakers?

There are a few for me but here are my top 5:

1. Rape scenes:  I CANNOT stomach them. If I read on (or see one in a movie) it'll haunt me for weeks. They make me a bit quesy.

2. Excused infidelity: I hate when a character cheats and the author tries to make it ok for any reason.  Nope.  Cheating is cheating.  End the first relationship and then start a new one.

3. Excessive unnecessary language: Language isn't a huge factor for me, until there's no point to it. If you have ever seen the movie Superbad, that's exactly what I mean.

4. Teenage romance: I can't help but think of the kids I went to high school with who were "so in love" and met their "soulmates" and then broke up two days later. Sure it happens, but not as often as is doesn't.

5. Vampires: Yep, Twilight killed me on them. Sorry.







Check out more from Making Up For Monday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment