Saturday, February 1, 2014

1984: 3 Stars


1984 by George Orwell

This book was...interesting. This is another classic I always heard about but knew nothing about. I was interested in it since I was born in 1984.

The book centers around Oceania, formerly England, which is controlled by Big Brother. The world involves Thought Police and people "vaporizing", being wiped out from history books. Not only are the killed by the government, they are erased from ever existing. Kids turn their parents in for saying questionable things, sex is gross, and separation is encouraged.

It was an interesting read and it's implications to WWII are fascinating. However, I was bored out of my mind. The story telling was boring and the characters were unlikeable. I wanted to get into a lot more than I did, but I just couldn't. However, I would like to read it again while researching WWII and find the similarities, but I am a nerd like that.

Rating: PG

No comments:

Post a Comment