Saturday, January 11, 2014

True Grit: 4 Stars

 
True Grit by Charles Portis

I really enjoyed this book about a cocky, stubborn girl who's father was killed by a drunk and rather stupid criminal. As the eldest daughter, she takes it upon herself to track down the criminal herself with the aid of a marshal with "true grit", Rooster Cogburn, and reluctantly, a Walker Texas Ranger. She tries to hold her own in her own stubborn way in a world and environment she does not belong, never once letting that get in her way. The book is funny and a great read. 

I do have a complaint. I listened to it on CD and HATED the woman reading. She's was so noisy that it was distraction. I nearly shut it off several times as I felt her noises were too much to handle. I recommend reading this one and not listening to it.

Rating: PG 

No comments:

Post a Comment